NYSBA Walkway Over The Hudson Steel Repairs
The Walkway over the Hudson is a steel cantilever bridge spanning the Hudson River between Poughkeepsie on the east bank, and Highland on the west bank. Built as a double track railroad bridge, it was originally completed on January 1, 1889, and formed part of the Maybrook Railroad Line. It was taken out of service on May 8, 1974, after it was damaged by fire. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979 and it was reopened on October 3, 2009 as a pedestrian walkway as part of the new Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park.
Hayduk Engineering provided constructability reviews during various stages of design development, QA/QC review of final design documents, and provided construction submittal reviews for this New York State Bridge Authority project to repair the structural steel in areas previously identified and prioritized in a 2012 report by others.